Sunday, June 11, 2006

Rang De Basanti..

Hi guys! its been many days I update my blog, been very busy all the week doing some leftovers and finally I got some rest on sunday.which is awesome.

After coming back to India I havent watched any Hindi(Bollywood) movie which is full of masti(FUN) , suspense and Action..!!

This afternoon I've seen a movie called Rang De Basanti starred by Aamir Khan who always shoots some patriotic pic's.The movie is so interesting and my friends and myslf were fully geared up by the movie..



A little bit about the story!

A young, London based film maker chances upon the diaries of her grandfather, who served in the British police force in India during the freedom struggle. Excited about these memoirs, she makes plans to shoot a film on the Indian revolutionaries mentioned in the diaries. She comes down to Delhi, and casts a group of five friends to play the pivotal roles of these revolutionaries.

However, products of modern India, the five youngsters initially refuse to be part of the project, as they don't identify with these characters from the past. Not surprising, considering that they're part of a generation of Indians that believes in consumerism.



To them issues like patriotism and giving one's life for one's beliefs is
the stuff stuffy text books are made of. They would rather party than be patriots.





3 Comments:

At Tuesday, June 13, 2006 5:09:00 AM, Blogger Ludicrousity said...

I haven't seen that movie, but I love bollywood films! I might have to see if I can watch that one!

 
At Wednesday, June 21, 2006 8:41:00 PM, Blogger SugarBitz n MilkyBar said...

Hi,

Yup, luv this one by Aamir. Although I found the choice they made at the end too extreme and tragic, I still enjoyed the movie alot. A must see!

 
At Thursday, June 22, 2006 3:29:00 AM, Blogger Praveen Seelam said...

hey do u understand Hindi? why you like bollywood movies? its interesting to hear that people from other end love Indian movies.Yep the end is a bit tragic..and the actor siddhartha the one who announces on radio is from my place. how cool it is!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home